Shatter Me [Book Review]

Title: Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Published: November 15th 2011 by Harper
Source: Paperback   Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Dystopia

Synopsis

No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.


Review

80% Romance.
20% Dystopian.

Simply, this book was really made for teenage girls to giggle. I honestly didn't love it, at the same time didn't hate it either, yet somehow I find myself enjoying reading it, but not the romance thing.

The book introduces us to Juliette who locked on a cell for a year, turned away by her parents, no friends and has never been touched by many for the rest of her lives because she had a curse; an ability to kill by just a touch. And when she finally meet Adam a guy who can touch her without killing himself and when they're together she always made an exaggerated over the top feeling that gave me an option to read 50 Shades of Grey instead. I understand her, but as I say I didn't enjoy the romance.

But when it was revealed after they fleet the Reestablishment that there were many of them with extraordinary abilities it turned out to be X-men which is a plus for me because it took me by surprise and I actually like it, but then after awhile it failed, I finally realize that it was an X-men-Hunger-Games rip-off. Sad.

Of all the characters, I really like James, Kenji, and Warner. I really want to know more about Warner on what pushed him to have that kind of personality, and that's the one thing on why I should read its sequel. I will not read any review of Unravel Me so I can expect noting. I think this book is great It's just me who has no likes on over romantic romance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment