A Game of Thrones [Book Review]

Title: A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
First Published: August 1st 1996 by Bantam Books
Source: Mass Market Paperback  Genre: Sci-Fi Fantasy

Synopsis

Summers span decades. Winter can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun.

As Warden of the north, Lord Eddard Stark counts it a curse when King Robert bestows on him the office of the Hand. His honour weighs him down at court where a true man does what he will, not what he must … and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty.

The old gods have no power in the south, Stark’s family is split and there is treachery at court. Worse, the vengeance-mad heir of the deposed Dragon King has grown to maturity in exile in the Free Cities. He claims the Iron Throne.




Review:

Game of Thrones introduced us to an epic world of love, friendship, betrayals, and death. A world very rich in history and politics. It also introduces us to these different characters in which I think is the main key why the book and the story is outstanding. G.R.R. Martin never failed us to love these characters, know them, feel their grief, their sorrows, their happiness, their thoughts on everything. 

Except the fact that it has really a great story, it also let me have a much deeper relationship with all of the characters it's like I knew them by the heart I feel them, their loyalty to the throne, to their family, their friends, their hungry for power, and their longing for love and acceptance. I will not enumerate them (my thoughts on every character a much deeper thought on the story) 'cause it will be a never ending review.

If not because of the T.V series I will not really waste my time reading this thick 800 pages book, but I prove me wrong, I read this book for about 23 days and didn't regret even a single day of it. Really worth the time. And also a huge thanks to all the people behind the T.V series, if not because of it I'll have trouble imagining things, honestly this world is so huge.

So please, watch the T.V series and read the book, or read the book then watch the T.V series later, it didn't matter what will you do first, you'll absolutely enjoy the best of both worlds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment