Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children [Book Review]

Title: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children  
Author: Ransom Riggs
Published: May 20, 2012 by Quirk
Source: Paperback  Genre: Young Adult


Synopsis

 
A mysterious island.
An abandoned orphanage.
A strange collection of very curious photographs.
It all waits to be discovered in "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children," an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow--impossible though it seems--they may still be alive.
A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.


Review:

"This book is my friend. If a time comes that I want to reread a book this will be on top of my list."

If you haven't watched the book/movie trailer then click here, or watch it below, made by the author himself.

A story of a boy named Jacob, and he is trying to solve the mystery of his grandfather's death. He went to an island where his grandfather told him about his childhood and his peculiar childhood friends to search for an answer. From there it starts his adventure, finding the mystery of miss peregrine's house, the mystery of his grandfather's death, and the mystery about himself.


If you love adventure, time-travel, mystery, all of them combined, then this book is for you. It's a plus factor with those creepy pictures that when I saw at first it creeps the hell out of me that I have to turn back the cover when I sleep, but then soon disappear as you read further. What I love about these pictures is they already gives me an idea; an image that all I have to do is make them alive in my mind and put them in action, the pictures is there descriptions no need to think on what feature they have.

But I say to you, it has the strangest love story ever, which is really I don't like, and I bet all the readers who've done reading this book agree with me too. But this will not ruin my 5 star rating, because overall it is a great book.


Rating:5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment