Delirium [Book Review]

 Title: Delirium (Delirium #1)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Published: February 7, 2012 by HarperCollins
Source: Paperback  Genre: Young-Adult

 Synopsis

They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever. 
And I've always believe them. 
Until now. 
Now everything has changed. 
Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second 
than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.





"I have a secret. You can build walls all the way to the sky and I will find a way to fly above them. You can try to pin me down with a hundred thousand arms, but I will find a way to resist. And there are many of us there, more than you think. People who refuse to stop believing. People who refuse to come to earth. People who love in a world without walls, people who love into hate, into refusal, against hope, and without fear."


Review:

"The Hunger Games is my basis on what a good YA dystopian book is. So Delirium is the one."
  
This book is really awesome. Perfectly good, so perfect that I didn't notice some flaws. Love as a disease, at first I was like (seriously?) so I added it on my top-10-must-have-books in my notebook and added it right away to my to-read shelf. And when I saw it on sale on the bookstore I bought it right away. So here are my list on why I love this book.

1st. Ms. Oliver really made an epic plot. Every chapter leaves you a question and brings you to a euphoria that you want to finish the book as possible as you can. 


2nd. This book has an epic ending much better ending than The Hunger Games, the ending leaves a question. A question with hatred that I almost throw the book on why did I read it. I mean why? You bastards why did you do that to them? Why Ms. Oliver? Why did you have to end it like this? Why do you let him die?
I know Lena was alive, but what will happen to Alex? Is he dead or not? It kills me. So I have to Google on what will happen to the second book, (ok I read some spoiler, Alex is alive). I will really have to buy the second book:Pandemonium and wait for 2013 for Requiem to be released. 


3rd. The main characters are too strong. They are remarkable, I have the same feeling as I read the Hunger Games's Katniss and Peeta, yes Lena is so different to Katniss, Lena is innocent, Katniss is fierce and strong, but Alex is almost the same as Peeta, doing everything they can to protect the one they love. This maybe the top factor that I got hooked on the story (yeah most YA or I think almost has the same lover-and-to-be-loved-by-a-lover story, but everything differs, we know it has, even a little). I like Hunger Games Katniss and Peeta are well loved so this become my basis on what a good YA dystopian book is. so Delirium is the one.
 

4th. (what to expect?). Since Lena is alive and I have read a part of Pandemonium at the back part of this book that she lived at some people at the wilds, and I also read some reviews that she totally changed a lot, I really expect though it is really expected that she will turn into
a kick-ass-girl that will get rid of those bad-ass society. And live happily after with Alex.

  
Rating: 5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment